Inclusion in Kinder Heart Foundation
Kinder Heart Foundation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive sisterhood of Registered Nursing Student that celebrates the identities and lived experiences of our RN members. We want to ensure we are truly embodying our motto, Better Together, in our words and actions.
On January 5, 2021, Vision Council shared the foundation’s 2021 Strategic Plan for the new organization which includes the prioritization of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Developed over the course of the last few months, this new plan identifies inclusivity as one of the core values of our organization.
Areas of focus include:
- Ensuring a multi-level and multi-faceted approach in addressing the needs of all organization members and integrating inclusive practices into Kinder Heart Houses.
- Understanding the RN students experience through the lens of identity using assessment and evaluation.
- Completing an education, resource, and policy audit to address shifting campus and house demographics. Focusing on the students needs.
- Researching informed programs, policy, and operations to maintain a standard of excellence.
- Enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion resources for members.
- Determining appropriate preventative practices and restorative response process to ensure inclusive sisterhood.
- Consistently reviewing methods to ensure relevancy to student and host institution expectations.
These steps are only a starting point in our efforts to be actively anti-racist and fulfill our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. They are the beginning of a multi-year plan developed by the Diversity and Inclusion Committee with the support of foundation leadership